This Emergency First Aid at Work Course is designed for those learners wishing to gain a nationally recognised qualification in first aid and become emergency first aiders in their workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment. This course helps you to fulfil the requirements set out in the Health & Safety(First Aid) Regulation 1981.
Early Bird Offer:
!! Book a 1-Day Emergency First-Aid course now at the discounted price of £65 only instead of
(Tuition fee, assessment fee, and certification costs are all included in one-day course fees)
Offers expire on 31st March – 2024
Who should attend:
The Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) qualification is ideal for those already working, or preparing to work in a low-risk environment i.e. offices, corporate, retail, education, sports and entertainment. This course is suitable for the people wishing to become an “Appointed Person” and ready to provide support to fully qualified First Aiders in case of an emergency situation in the workplace. This course complies with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982 requirements.
Stratford (East London)
(Next to McDonald’s)
London E15 1XH
At the end of this course, you would:
- understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- be able to assess an incident
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- The role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to minimise the risk of infection to self and others
- The need of establishing consent to provide first aid and complete an accident report form
- The availability and safe use of first aid equipment
- Conducting a scene survey, primary survey of a casualty and examples of when to call for help
- Assessment of casualty’s level of consciousness, airway and breathing
- Importance to place an unconscious and unresponsive casualty into the recovery position
- How to manage a casualty who is in seizure
- The need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and its demonstration using a manikin
- How to identify a casualty with a partially or completely blocked airway and relevant first aid
- Identification of the types of external bleeding and its control
- Recognising shock and administer first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Administration of first aid to a casualty with small cuts, grazes and bruises
- Administration of first aid to a casualty with minor burns, scalds and small splinters
Why choose Safetymark Training:
- Excellent Success Rate!
- Fully accredited and authorised training centre!
- H&S(First Aid) Regulations compliant and HSE recommended course!
- Most competitive prices with NO HIDDEN COSTS!
- Prices are all inclusive of tuition, handbook, notebook, exams and certificate costs!
- Wide range of nationally recognised and accredited training courses!
- Highly skilled and qualified trainers with a great wealth of practical knowledge & experience!
- Fast results and certificates turnaround!
- A friendly and supportive environment!
After attending the course and successfully completing a 20 question multiple-choice examination, candidates receive an HSE approved and nationally recognised Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work certificate with First-Aider ID card, which is valid for 3 years. This certificate complies with the Health and Safety(First Aid) Regulations 1981 and can be used to provide as a piece of evidence for inspection and audit.
In-house Training Prices:
We can come to your premises and deliver this course for a very reasonable price. For further information about in-house training or group booking, please do not hesitate to contact us either via telephone, email or by simply submitting Contact us form.
This Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work course will start at 10 am and run for approximately 6 hours. Please arrive 15 minutes early for completing the registration process.
Assessment : Need to demonstrate practical skills, answer questions to prove knowledge and a multiple-choice examination.
Course Timings : 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
Awarding Body : HABC/CIEH
Accreditation No. : 600/7372/X
(Exams fee and certification costs are all included in your course fee)