This is a legal requirement that all sales of alcohol taking place on licensed premises in England and Wales must be authorised by a personal licence holder.
Our nationally recognised Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) qualification is approved and fully accredited by The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation(Ofqual). This one-day training course has been designed to meet the statutory requirements and includes vital information on the responsibilities of licence holders, duties of the designated premises supervisor(DPS), the role & powers of licensing authorities, and police regarding licensed premises.
Early Bird Offer:
!!Book this course with the Fast-Track results option at the discounted price of £119.99 only instead of
Our Fast-Track package provides you with the same-day results for your personal licence training course instead of waiting for 12-15 working days.
Qualify at Home (eLearning) Option
Qualify at Home (Online Training via E-Learning Modules and Exam) option also available only for £139.99, for more information and booking Personal Licence eLearning and Online Exam.
(Tuition fee, online-examination fee, handbook, and certification costs are all included in your course fees)
The offer expires on 29th February – 2024
Who should attend:
All employees at all levels, specifically involved in retail sale of alcohol and looking towards becoming a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS).
Stratford (East London)
(Next to McDonald’s)
London – E15 1XH
At the end of this course, you would be able to:
- Understand the nature, purpose and period of validity of a training
- Understand the application process and legal duties when applying for a course
- Understand the legal duties of a licence holder
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- Understand the licensing objectives and the importance of partnerships in promoting these objectives
- Understand the nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body
- Understand the law in relation to premises licences and Temporary Event Notices
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
- Understand the rights and duties of the responsible persons of licensed premises and law regarding the protection of children
- Understand prohibitions and exemptions and the powers of the police and other authorities regarding licensed premises
Why choose Safetymark Training:
Safetymark Training and Consultancy aim is not just to get you the qualification but also guide you through all processes while you are applying for your course at your local council/licensing authority. Following are some of the reasons why you should choose us as your training provider:
- Excellent Success Rate!
- Fully accredited and authorised training centre in London!
- Most competitive prices with NO HIDDEN COSTS!
- Prices are all inclusive of tuition, handbook, notebook, exams and certificate costs!
- Nationally recognised and Ofqual accredited training course!
- Highly skilled and qualified trainers with a great wealth of practical knowledge & experience!
- Free advice and guidance session on how to apply and obtain a licence!
- Post-qualification email support while you are preparing to apply for your licence!
After attending the course and successfully passing an online multiple-choice examination, candidates receive a Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (RQF) certificate that can be used to apply for a personal licence.
In-house Training Prices:
Our professional and experienced trainer can come to your premises and deliver this course only for £950 for a maximum of 12 learners. This price includes all tuition, course materials, exam fees, certificates, travel and accommodation. For further information about in-house training or group booking, please do not hesitate to contact either via telephone, email or by simply submitting Contact us form.
Applying for Personal Licence:
After passing an online multiple-choice exam, the applicants need to make an application to their local council/licensing authority to obtain a personal licence course. Following documents would also be needed along with the personal licence application form:
- Level 2 Award for Licence Holders (APLH) qualification certificate
- DBS check (this replaces the CRB check) – The DBS check certificate can be applied online at disclosurescotland.co.uk for £25 (Please note: the validity of this check is only 28 days)
- Two passport-size photos – One endorsed by a professional to prove the identity of the applicant
- Application fee payable to the licensing authority – £37
- All of the above must be submitted to the local council (where the applicant lives) in order to apply for the personal licence to sell alcohol.